In GunSwords players must build a squad using available equipment and fight other players in special arenas. By winning battles, gamers can gain ranks and ultimately become champions. The combat system in GunSwords is a powerful fusion of core turn-based features, such as a hex grid, Fog of War, fighter classes with unique roles, fine action point management, power-ups and more. These features were picked, designed and balanced to provide the best possible player versus player (PvP) gameplay experience.
Players begin building a squad by choosing recruits from three different classes of fighters: Swordsmen, Gunners and Mages. A choice of 17 weapons and spells are also available – each upgradeable to 10 level – including swords, chainsaws, shotguns, miniguns, rocket launchers, railguns, etc. Using these weapons and their newly-formed squads, players can challenge other players to turn-based battles to gain points, currency to buy and upgrade weapons and fighters and prestige in the online leaderboard.
- PvP battles with a cyberathletic competitive system
- convenient matchmaking system
- 3 classes of fighters: swordsmen, gunners and mages
- 15 types of weapons including swords, chainsaws, shotguns, miniguns, rocket launchers, railguns and etc.
- 10 levels of upgrades for each type of weapon
- powerful special abilities, like swordsman’s ram attack
- offensive and defensive spells
- spectacular finishing moves
- golems (AI-controlled neutral combatants)
- system of ratings, achievements and ranks