Illyriad is a free-to-play, real-time, HTML5 Massively-Multiplayer strategy game (MMORTS), set in a vast fantasy world of mountain ranges, lakes, forests, oceans, islands, rivers, deserts, jungles, marshes and the northern wastes with countries and factions – each with their own agendas.
The Kingdom of Illyriad is an exciting world of opportunities and challenges where you build your empire from scratch in the manner of your own choosing.
Be the ruler that you want to be. Build a trade network or a powerful military. Become a spy master, or mistress of powerful magics. Join a vast alliance, or rule your own patch as an independent ruler. Quest, scout, trade, raid, occupy lands, scavenge resources, build your city, train your commanders, settle new lands…
City building, war, trade, diplomacy, research and quests in a persistent interactive world with countries, factions and geographical environments.
Fully interactive and richly detailed gameworld of over 4 million squares.
The Kingdom of Illyriad exists in a high-fantasy setting. Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Orcs compete to control resources and territories; sometimes working together but more often meeting in a violent clash of armies.
Illyriad is a richly detailed place where snow-capped peaks slope down to the hills, plains and forests below, punctuated by settlements, ancient ruins, standing stones and long-forgotten barrows – containing both treasures and terrors for you to face.
The King of Illyriad takes little interest in the day-to-day machinations of his subjects, leaving you free to pursue your own objectives without much interference from the crown.
Terrain forms an important part of Illyriad. Choosing the most defensible location for your (or your alliance’s) capital city is critical. Similarly, sieging a mountain fortress using cavalry will only make your army’s job more difficult.
Wild animals, undead claves and savage dread monstrosities roam the land, preying on the unfortunate unless you choose to let your soldier’s blades practice on them. Quests are also scattered throughout the world, should you wish to undertake them.
As the ruler of your own city (or cities) you gather resources from the land nearby and process these resources in your mills, foundries and factories to build up a stockpile of vital items such as swords, bows, armour & mana with which to equip your soldiers and cast spells.
- Free-to-play and no downloads, each server has a capacity of over 60,000 simultaneous competing players
- Fully interactive and richly detailed gameworld
- Hundreds of military units; and multiple military strategies
- Including: Infantry, Spearmen, Cavalry, Archers and Siege engines
- Full technology tree of over 290 research options
- Rich set of “diplomatic” options- Including: Spying, counter-intelligence, theft, sabotage and assassination
- Multiple races to choose from, each with race-specific abilities- Dwarves, Elves, Humans and Orcs
- Dozens of unique spells to cast
- Simple-to-use but powerful trading system
- Powerful alliance management system to help you build and sustain your empire with other players
- Over 90 factions – each with their own agendas.
Also available on Facebook here