Elvenar focuses on building beautiful cities and fighting strategic 3D-battles online.
InnoGames offers players the chance to explore an exotic fantasy world with their new city-builder game: Elvenar – The latest, strategy-MMO title was announced today with details about the game. The German developer is treading on uncommon ground with Elvenar as players have to create a flourishing city and choose between Elves or Humans as a starting race. The games’ focus lies on building and upgrading a city, but players also trade, explore the world map or have strategic turn-based fights on a 3D battlefield. Elvenar will start in the browser; mobile versions are planned. The game’s closed beta is expected to start in January 2015.
The choice between Elves and Humans influences the way the players’ cities and inhabitants look and which technologies and units are at their disposal. The Elves live and breathe magic and exist in close harmony with nature, whereas Humans are ambitious and determined engineers. “You will see some of the elvish buildings really come alive with lots of fantastical beings, like ents and golems co-existing peacefully in their cities”, explains Ulrike Kunkel, Producer of Elvenar. “The Humans on the other hand are a more technologically determined society, they focus on engineering to prevail. Our goal was to create differences in visuals and play style that make players want to try out both races at some point”, Kunkel adds.
Between managing resources, levelling up buildings and unlocking new perks, players should also pay attention to the multiplayer map. There they can interact with neighbors, scout new provinces and unlock various powerful relics by fighting NPCs. Fights take place on various battlegrounds. The strategic battles are 3D-animated, with up to 20 different monsters and unit types, which make each encounter unique and tactically deep.
Elvenar is a city-building Strategy-MMO set in an exotic fantasy world. Tasked with creating a flourishing city, players can choose between Elves or Humans as a starting race. The choice influences the way the players’ cities and inhabitants look and which technologies and units are at their disposal. Between managing resources, levelling up buildings and unlocking new perks, players should also pay attention to the multiplayer-map if they want to find valuable relics. Yet, players might have to fight numerous fantastic creatures for them. The world of Elvenar is filled with, fantastic buildings and units in colorful, lush environments. The game’s strategic battles are 3D-animated, with up to 20 different monster and unit types, which make each encounter unique.
After many millennia, the ancient and untouched world of Elvenar is ready to be explored once again. A new era dawns for your small band of either elves or humans in this lush strategy game. Both people rely on the vision and leadership of a new ruler.
- Build up your city: Create a thriving elven or human city, build residences, workshops and military buildings and upgrade them multiple times. Depending on your choice of either elves or humans, your city will look widely different.
- Play as Elves or Humans: The elvish race lives and breathes magic and exists in close harmony with nature, whereas humans are ambitious and determined engineers. Choose one of the races and see your city spring to life with magical creatures and buildings, or become an industrial powerhouse.
- Produce and trade goods: Produce numerous goods and trade them with NPCs and other players. A dynamic marketplace allows you to make your community formidably rich and unlock mysterious technologies by acquiring the rarest of resources.
- Find treasure on the world map: The vast and mythical world of Elvenar encourages you to explore the world map. The undiscovered regions surrounding your city hold map expansions and powerful relics to massively boost production goods. Trade them or fight powerful monsters to get your hand on the rarest of specimen.
- Battles: 3D animated characters with unique strengths and skills fight each other on a hex field map. Lots of strategic options and numerous troops to choose from provide tactical depth.